Monday, October 30, 2006

Because I Can!

I took a walk today, downtown. I had my car, it had gas in it, and it would have been easier to hop in it and take off.

But I didn't. Why? Because it is a beautiful day outside, there are freshly fallen leaves on the sidewalk, and I can walk. So, I walked down the sidewalk, ignored the traffic, and focused on the amazingly blue sky! It's 65 degrees, we won't have many more of these lovely days for the next several months, and I wanted out!

I smiled as I moved along, not caring who saw me looking goofy and was wondering what I was smiling about. The leaves were just as crunchy as I anticipated. The air was crisp and clean, and no one could reach me by phone, fax, or email. I was alone with God in the middle of a bustling city.

It felt great!

1 comment:

Leah said...

You go girl!!